How we discovered the power of emotional intelligence
We’ve worked in personal development for a long time, but throughout that time, we always felt like something was missing. While there were plenty of solutions that worked very well in the short-term, nothing seemed to offer the truly lasting changes that organisations really needed to achieve their full potential.
After much searching, we discovered the concept of emotional intelligence. Even for experienced trainers like us, it was a revelation. This was the missing piece of the puzzle – the key ingredient that the world’s most successful people possessed in abundance. And more importantly, we realised that this wasn’t something that only the naturally gifted could benefit from. With the right support, anyone could develop their emotional intelligence to a higher level.
It’s this that led us to develop our unique approach to working with teams, individuals and organisations.
Our team have more the 20 years’ experience providing different training solutions to a wide variety of organisations across a wide variety of fields. Coupled with our extensive training in the principles of emotional intelligence, warm, friendly approach, and passion for what we do, we are perfectly placed to help you achieve the results that have eluded you thus far.
More importantly, we have the flexibility to offer the solutions that you need. We’ve seen over and over again that no two businesses are the same and thus it is impossible for a one-size-fits-all solution to ever be truly effective.
Once you start working with us, you’ll be amazed at what you achieve, and how natural it all feels!
Simon Williamson – Managing Director
A business consultant specialising in improving companies’ profits by increasing revenue through sales and marketing, reducing costs, developing a clear strategy and enhancing the skills of employees. A well-organised, positive and enthusiastic person displaying excellent leadership skills and fully able to make high-level decisions on both strategic and operational issues. A consummate communicator at all levels with the ability to build, develop, motivate and coach high performing teams. Adaptable, forward thinking and committed to self-development and the development of others.
- Accredited Associate of the Institute for Independent Business
- A founding coach of the IIB Executive Coach Business Development Programme
- Fellowship with Durham University (Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning)
- Diploma in Leadership Skills – Cranfield Management College.
- Diploma in Small and Medium sized Enterprise Management – Warwick University.
- Diploma in Executive and Corporate Coaching.
- Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming Coaching.
- EQi & EQ360 Certified.
Gary Hosey – Associate Director
Gary has over 20 years’ experience in Training and Management Development, High Impact Coaching and Customer Relationship Management.
As our Director of Training for over 10 years he has managed large teams of trainers, facilitators and specialists in human resources, operations and business support. Some of his main delivery experience includes; Team Diagnostic; Dynamics and Development; Authentic Leadership for Senior Managers; Emotionally Intelligent Team working.
Gary has extensive experience with executive and behavioural coaching (certified). He has EQi and EQ360 accreditation for Emotional Intelligence Development and has personally carried out over 750 individual 1:1 sessions with feedback. He is considered a leader in the field of Emotional Intelligence combined with coaching. He has wide experience of delivering high quality programme’s to over 25% of the Times top 200 organisations, both nationally and internationally
- Accredited to administer and interpret EQi tools; including EQ360, EQ Leadership & MSCEIT (Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test).
- Qualified to give advanced interpretation with all EQi tools.
- Certified Master Coach with the Behavioural Coaching Institute.
- Member of the International Coaching Council (ICC)
Carolyn Turner – Operations Director
Experienced and adaptable, Carolyn has previously succeeded as a field sales consultant spending over 15 years in financial services. More recently senior level personal assistant roles have meant a greater insight into HR and Training practices within organisations in the motor and fuel industry which led to professional qualifications.
- Diploma in Management & Leadership (Chartered Management Institute)
- Certificate in Personnel Practice (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development)
- Financial Planning Certificate (Chartered Insurance Institute)
Mark Slaski – Associate
As a chartered organisational psychologist, Mark has over 16 years’ experience studying and applying the concepts of human psychology and emotional intelligence at work. His approach blends rigorous academic research with effective real-world practice. Mark has worked as a development consultant for some of the best organisations in the world, both large and small. A variety of projects undertaken include:
- design & delivery of training and development programmes
- executive development and coaching
- team-working and problem-solving
- design & delivery of corporate change programmes
As a senior lecturer in the psychology department of the University of Hertfordshire, Mark teaches a Masters programme as well as undertaking research in Organisational Psychology. He has presented his research findings at many conferences and has published a number of articles. He is also a member of the EI consortium – a unique body of international researchers dedicated to the research and application of Emotional Intelligence in organisations.
- PhD. in Organisational Psychology Manchester School of Management, UMIST
- MSc. in Organisational Psychology Manchester School of Management, UMIST
- BSc. (Hons) Human Psychology Loughborough University 1st class honours
- Level A & B Psychometric Testing Certificate
- Chartered Psychologist and member of the British Psychological Society
- Master Trainer in Bar-On EQ-i Emotional intelligence measure
- 16 PF A measure of personality